Posted on 27/10/2017
MESSAGE TO ALL MEMBERS
We are delighted to announce that Climanosco’s Second General Assembly will be held from 15 November 2017 to 14 December 2017 on the Internet at the official General Assembly page: www.climanosco.org/ga2017.
The Schedule and Agenda are given below, but first let me draw your attention on one important item of the Agenda.
Elections for the Board of Directors
We warmly invite you to help shape the future of the Climanosco organization and send your candidature to become a Member of the Board of Directors. As per our Statutes, the Board of Directors is composed of 9 – 13 members in near-parity between scientists and non-scientists. This year we have 4 open seats for non-scientists.
If you are interested in getting involved, please send the following material by 6 November 23:59 UTC to the contact address below.
- A paragraph telling who you are;
- A paragraph telling your vision for Climanosco (e.g. why you find this project important, what’s your vision for the next 10 years; you can be creative!);
- A short biography (anything shorter than 1/2 page).
This material will be made available to the logged-in members on the General Assembly page and will help them take a vote. Being a Director will take you 1 hour per week or less, on average, and you can make an impact. If you would like to know more about what is involved, don’t hesitate to take contact with any current director (see Board of Directors).
Schedule – mark your agenda!
- 6 November (23:59 UTC): Deadline for sending your candidatures for the Board of Directors
- 6 November (23:59 UTC): Deadline for sending items to be added in the Agenda under “Other Propositions”
- 15 November (00:00 UTC) – 5 December (23:59 UTC): Presentation and Discussion of Items of Agenda
- 15 – 21 Nov: Questions / objections by Members
- 22 – 28 Nov: Reply to questions / objections by Board of Directors
- 29 Nov – 1 Dec: Acknowledgment by questioning / objecting Members
- 2 – 3 Dec: Acknowledgment by Board of Directors
- 15 November (00:00 UTC) – 14 December (23:59 UTC): Votes
- 15 December: Closing and release of vote results
The General Assembly will start on 15 November with the presentation and discussion of all items on the Agenda. Make sure you can participate from the beginning! The Board of Directors will reply to all questions and objections, and, where fits, it will follow up with a proposal at the next General Assembly 2018.
Votes will only be accepted from Members between 15 November and 14 December. There will be no extension of deadline.
- Election of Chairman for the General Assembly
- Election of Minute Keeper
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Minutes of the General Assembly 2016
- Activity Report for year 2016
- Financial report and Auditing report for year 2016
- Elections of new members of the Board of Directors (max. 4 non-scientific seats)
- Proposal for membership fees for calendar year 2018
- Proposal for donation cap per donor for calendar year 2018
- Proposal for an adjustment in our Terms and Conditions for Donations
- Proposals for all Terms and Conditions, Policies, Rules and Guidelines
- Priorities for 2018
- Change of Auditor
- Other Propositions
The “Other Propositions” item of the Agenda is there for your inputs. If there is anything you would like to bring to the General Assembly which is not on the Agenda, please send a brief description by 6 November 23:59 UTC to the contact address below and we will get in touch with you.
Contact email address for all inquiries:
A warm thank you for your participation!
Michel, on behalf of the Board of Directors