Posted on 01/11/2021
We are delighted to announce Climanosco’s Sixth General Assembly which will be held from Saturday 20 November to Sunday 19 December 2021 on the Internet at the official General Assembly page: www.climanosco.org/ga2021.
Elections for the Board of Directors
We warmly invite you to help shape the future of the Climanosco organization and send your candidature to become a Member of the Board of Directors. As per our Statutes, the Board of Directors is composed of 9 – 13 members in near-parity between scientists and non-scientists. This year we have up to 5 open seats including 4 with a preference for non-scientists.
If you are interested in getting involved, please send the following material by 10 November 23:59 UTC to the contact address below.
- A short bio;
- A statement on your vision for Climanosco (e.g. why you find this project important, what’s your vision for the next 10 years; you can be creative!);
This material will be made available to the logged-in members on the General Assembly page and will help them make a vote. Being a member of the Board of Directors will take you about 1 hour per week or less, on average, and you can make an impact. If you would like to know more about what is involved, don’t hesitate to take contact with any current director (see Board of Directors).
Schedule – mark your agenda!
- 10 November (23:59 UTC): Deadline for sending your candidatures for the Board of Directors
- 10 November (23:59 UTC): Deadline for sending items to be added in the Agenda under “Other Propositions”
- 20 November (00:00 UTC) – 10 December (23:59 UTC): Presentation and discussion of items on Agenda, and anticipated vote
- 20 Nov – 26 Nov: Questions / objections by Members
- 27 Nov – 3 Dec: Reply to questions / objections by Board of Directors
- 4 Dec – 8 Dec: Acknowledgment by questioning / objecting Members
- 9 Dec – 10 Dec: Acknowledgment by Board of Directors
- 11 December (00:00 UTC) – 19 December (23:59 UTC): Regular vote is open
- 20 December: Closing and release of vote results
The General Assembly will start on 20 November (00:00 UTC) with the presentation and discussion of all items on the Agenda. Make sure you can participate from the beginning! The Board of Directors will reply to all questions and objections, and, where fits, it will follow up with a proposal at the next General Assembly 2022.
Votes will only be accepted from members of the association between 20 November (00:00 UTC) and 19 December (23:59 UTC). There will be no extension of deadline.
- Election of Chairman for the General Assembly
- Election of Minute Keeper
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Minutes of the General Assembly 2020
- Activity report for year 2020
- Financial report and Auditing report for year 2020
- Elections of new members of the Board of Directors (max. 5 seats, of which max. 4 seats for non-scientists)
- Proposal for membership fees for calendar year 2022
- Proposal for donation cap per donor for calendar year 2022
- New Terms and Conditions in relationship with Climanosco’s Online Shop
- Priorities for 2022
- Other propositions
The “Other Propositions” item of the Agenda is there for your inputs. If there is anything you would like to bring to the General Assembly which is not on the Agenda, please send a brief description by 10 November (23:59 UTC) to the contact address below and we will get in touch with you.
Contact email address for all inquiries:
A warm thank you for your participation!
Michel, on behalf of the Board of Directors