Note: This version 1 is applicable since 15/09/2017. This version 1 was approved by the Board of Directors on 15/09/2017. It was approved by the General Assembly on 15/12/2017. Previous version.
About this Copyrights notice
- Climanosco is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on the climanosco.org website (hereinafter the “Website”).
- This Copyrights notice rules all intellectual rights and copyrights pertaining to the current software and design of the Website, and the contents (text, pictures, videos and other material) and email contents originating from it (hereinafter the “Contents”) that were submitted after the date of approval of this notice by the Board of Directors stated above. Please refer to the previous version(s) at the top of this notice for Contents submitted before that date.
- Climanosco publishes Contents that are submitted by Members in their name as authors for publication on the Website (hereinafter the “Authored Contents”). Authored Contents include but are not limited to Published Articles, Manuscripts, Review Reports, Manuscript Invitations, Blogs, Ideas, Events and Comments.
- Authored Contents exclude Contents that are published on behalf of Climanosco, such as News, Press Releases, Jobs and all page contents that carry out an informative or descriptive purpose (hereinafter the “Non-Authored Contents”).
- All Authored Contents that appear in the Public Area of the Website, namely the area accessible to all users, including but not limited to Articles and their Comments, Blogs and their Comments, and Events, are “Public Authored Contents”.
- All Authored Contents that do not appear in the Public Area but appear in the Members Area of the Website, namely the area accessible to Members only, are “Non-Public Authored Contents”.
Copyrights on Public Authored Contents
- The copyright on all Authored Content is retained by the author(s). This is valid in particular for Public Authored Contents.
- Authors may transfer their copyright to their institution/company by adding a copyright statement at the end of their Authored Content as described below.
- Authors of Public Authored Contents grant Climanosco an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to publish the Public Authored Content electronically and in print format and to identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors of Public Authored Contents grant Climanosco the commercial rights to produce electronic and/or printed collections of the Public Authored Content for sale to individuals, libraries, institutions and companies.
- Authors of Public Authored Contents grant Climanosco the rights to freely advertise the Public Authored Content and to use parts of it for its own advertisements on any appropriate media.
- Authors of Public Authored Contents grant Climanosco the rights to translate or organize the translation of the Public Authored Content in any language and to publish it as a translation of their Public Authored Content.
- Public Authored Content is distributed by Climanosco under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License. In short, it can be copied, transformed and redistributed by anyone under a set of conditions, in particular that the original author(s) are given proper credit. Please read the full legal code of this license.
- Public Authored Content shall not be submitted for peer-reviewed publication elsewhere.
Copyrights on Non-Public Authored Contents
- The copyright on all Authored Content is retained by the author(s). This is valid in particular for Non-Public Authored Contents.
- Authors of Non-Public Authored Contents grant the right to Climanosco to publish the Non-Public Authored Content in the Members Area of the Website, to notify its Members by email about it, and to keep it in its archive.
- Authors of a Manuscript grant the right to Climanosco to eventually publish it as an Article in the Public Area of the Website, as Public Authored Content, if and after it has successfully completed the Peer Review Process.
- All copyrights on Non-Public Authored Contents are reserved. Non-Public Authored Contents shall not be copied, shared, adapted, transformed or redistributed by any Member or any third party without the express written agreement of the author(s).
- Authors submitting a Content to Climanosco certify that they are the original authors of the Content.
- Authors certify that the text of the Content is original and has not been published elsewhere (except as part of published lectures or theses).
- Authors certify that the rights to reproduce any material included in the Content that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere have been secured.
- Authors certify that they accept and shall comply with this Copyrights notice.
Transfer of author’s copyrights
- For authors of Authored Contents who have strict regulations in their contract of employment regarding their works, a transfer of copyrights can be made to their institution/company by including a special “Copyright Statement” at the end of the text. In this case, the authors are requested to include the following sentence at the end of the Manuscript upon submission or revision: “The copyright of the authors for this text/publication is transferred to the institution/company”.
Copyrights on software, design and Non-Authored Content
- All copyrights on software, design and Non-Authored Contents are reserved. They shall not be copied, shared, adapted, transformed or redistributed by any Member or any third party without the express written agreement of Climanosco.
- Inquiries can be made by mail or email.
- The mailing address is:
c/o The Hub Zurich Association
- The email address is: