Note: This version 1 is applicable since 15/09/2017, pending approval by the General Assembly. This version 1 was approved by the Board of Directors on 15/09/2017.
Climanosco is a non-profit association registered at the Commercial Registry Office of Zurich, Switzerland, on 11 August 2015 (Registration ID: CHE-415.265.288). Details on the association including its goals and its Statutes can be found at the address: www.climanosco.org/about. Climanosco finances itself through donations, membership fees and sales of items. All donations, membership fees and returns on sales shall be exclusively and solely used by Climanosco to pursue its goals according to its Statutes.
About these Terms
- To pursue its goals, Climanosco operates a communication web site (hereinafter the “Website”) devised to offer free contents on climate science that are intended to be accessible to a broad audience, and to allow citizens and climate scientists to interact for the purpose of making climate science accessible to everyone. The Website is available at www.climanosco.org.
- The Website has a Public Area which is accessible to all visitors (hereinafter the “User”). The Public Area offers free climate science articles as well as other public communications and forums. It also offers an Online Shop. The Website has a Members Area which is available to Users who are registered as Members and are logged in. The Members Area offers access to the peer review of manuscripts, to various members forums, activities and member-to-member communication channels. The Website also allows Users to subscribe to news and updates without registering as a Member.
- These General Terms and Conditions (hereafter the “Terms”) establish the general terms and conditions of use of the Website and access to its content.
- Climanosco reserves the right to amend the present Terms at any time and without prior notice. Amendments to these Terms shall become effective when they are posted to the Website. Continued use of the Website subsequent to any amendment to the present Terms constitutes an acceptance of the amendment by the User.
Use of the Website
- Users, whether or not registered, must be over thirteen years of age. Users under sixteen must first obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to use, subscribe or register with the Website.
- Users who wish to stay automatically informed on new activities and publications of Climanosco may subscribe to news and updates on the Website. They shall accept and comply with the Terms and Conditions for Subscription to News and Updates which will prevail in case of conflict with the present Terms.
- Users who wish to access the Members Area and contribute with their own content, participate in forums or submit manuscripts may register to become Members of Climanosco. They will automatically be able to subscribe to news and updates too. During the registration process, Users may additionally opt to become a Member of the Association if they wish to participate to the General Assemblies and be eligible to the Board of Directors. Upon registering, Users shall accept and comply with the Terms and Conditions for Registration and Membership which will prevail in case of conflict with the present Terms.
- Users can use Climanosco’s Online Shop for processing donations, purchasing items, or paying a membership. No registration or subscription is required. Users of the Online Shop shall accept and comply with the Terms and Conditions of Use of Online Shop, as well as the Terms and Conditions for Donations and/or the Terms and Conditions of Sales. The laters will prevail in case of conflict with the present Terms.
Donating to Climanosco
- The relationships between Climanosco and its donors, and Climanosco’s acceptance of donations are ruled by the Terms and Conditions for Donations, which will prevail in case of conflict with the present Terms.
- By donating to Climanosco, Users indicate that they accept and comply with the Terms and Conditions for Donations.
- Climanosco publishes research-based articles in climate science that are free and accessible to everyone (open access publishing). The Publication Policy describes how we publish and distribute these articles.
- All intellectual rights pertaining to the Website, its software, design, contents (text, pictures, videos and other material), news, updates, notifications as well as all email notifications sent by it are ruled by Climanosco’s Copyrights notice which will prevail in case of conflict with the present Terms. Climanosco’s Copyrights notice forms part of these Terms. By using this Website, Users indicate that they accept and comply with it.
- In particular, copyrights on authored contents are retained by their authors and licensed to Climanosco. Copyrights on non-authored contents are owned by Climanosco. Refer to the Copyrights notice for the details.
Data Protection and Use of Information by Climanosco
- The first language used for the communication and publications shall be English. Climanosco intends to introduce additional languages in the future.
- Where official documents are required by the law in German language, Climanosco organises their translation in English for communication with its Users.
- Climanosco may not be made liable for not providing translations in a language other than English or for translation inconsistencies in translated documents.
- No guarantees shall be given as to the accuracy of information and opinions conveyed via the Website, either expressly or implicitly.
- Climanosco shall give no guarantees regarding the minimum availability of the Website. It shall, however, endeavour to maximize such availability. Users shall note that software underlying the Website is continually undergoing development and that processes cannot be guaranteed to be fault-free at all times.
- Climanosco hereby disclaims all liability for the Website, in particular for content displayed thereon and communications passed via it. Climanosco shall likewise not be liable for any losses arising from impossibility of use of the Website. Such disclaimer shall also apply to interruption, temporary suspension or termination of the services.
- Climanosco shall in no case be liable for content provided by Members. Members are alone responsible for all information and data which they send, display or notify via the Members Area and which may or may not be automatically made accessible in the Public Area.
- Climanosco shall accept no liability for the behaviour of Members and/or third parties or for content or statements forwarded by Members and/or third parties in the context of the services.
- Climanosco shall accept no liability for links, for contents of pages linked, and for content uploaded by Members and/or third parties. Climanosco has no influence on third-party web sites. If Climanosco incurs loss through the behaviour of third parties, they shall indemnify Climanosco accordingly.
- Climanosco shall accept no liability for misuse of Members or Subscribers’ accounts by third parties. The Member or Subscriber shall be liable him/herself for all action taken by third parties using a Member or Subscriber’s access details.
- Climanosco shall not be liable for minor negligence or indirect losses.
- The relationship between Climanosco and its Members, Subscribers, Users, Donors and/or Customers shall be subject to substantive Swiss law, to the preclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods dated 11 April 1980. With respect to all disputes based on or in connection with any order, transaction or contract, the ordinary courts in 8005 Zurich, Switzerland, shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Communicating with Climanosco
- Communication with Climanosco can be made by mail or email.
- The mailing address is:
c/o The Hub Zurich Association
- The email address for all communications concerning these Terms is: