Note: This version 1 is applicable since 15/09/2017. This version 1 was approved by the Board of Directors on 15/09/2017. It was approved by the General Assembly on 15/12/2017.
The data we collect, how we protect it and how we use it
- We may ask you to provide personal data only if you subscribe to our news and updates or if you register to become a member. When you subscribe to our news and updates, we ask for your name, email address, areas of interest and a password. When you register to become a member, we ask for your name, email address, mail address, areas of interest and a password. If you register as a climate scientist, we ask in addition for your affiliation, areas of expertise and a list of publications.
- These personal data represent the minimal data we need to be able to offer you the services we propose. We will use your data exclusively for serving the goals stated in Climanosco’s Statutes. We will not transmit them to any third party for any other reason without your written consent, except if requested by the law.
- You can change your personal data at any time by accessing your personal user profile.
- We do not sell, trade or otherwise give away any user data. It is our policy to restrict to the minimum the third party services we rely on that require transfer of user data. When we do so, we select partners who have the highest standards in data privacy and who will not use your data for targeting advertisements, optimising search engines or analysing your behaviour.
- All data transfer between your computer and the Climanosco web site are encrypted. They are protected using SSL certificates issued by SwissSign AG and Let’s Encrypt. SSL protects all communications including sensitive personal information, and ensures the safety of the information you send to Climanosco.
Privacy and use of Climanosco’s online shop
- When using Climanosco’s online shop you will be asked to provide your name, email address, mail address and a telephone number, so that we can process your order (e.g. donation, membership or purchase) with the appropriate traceability. Upon checking out, you will be redirected to the web site of the PostFinance Bank where you will be able to enter your payment data (e.g. credit card data) in full privacy.
- We at Climanosco have no access to your payment data and keep no record of it.
Privacy and use of members area
- Members have access to the members area of the web site where they can publish their own content. Some of this content may automatically transfer to the public area of the web site.
- The full responsibility is on the member to comply with the Terms and Conditions of Registration and Membership and to safely use the members area to not publish private or confidential data.
- Climanosco’s web site is not intended to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on our web site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on our web site, we will delete the information from our records.
- Despite all efforts made by Climanosco, the web site might in some occasions be subject to data protection failures or functionality problems. In such situations, Climanosco will take all necessary steps to re-establish a normal data protection and functionality of the web site.
- Climanosco can not be made liable for possible consequences incurred in cases of data protection failures, breaches, data leaks or functionality problems.
- Contact with Climanosco can be made by mail or email.
- The mailing address is:
c/o The Hub Zurich Association
- The email address is: