Posted by Michel S. Bourqui
MESSAGE TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION
We are delighted to announce that Climanosco’s Third General Assembly will be held from Tuesday 20 November to Wednesday 19 December 2018 on the Internet at the official General Assembly page: www.climanosco.org/ga2018.
An important item on our agenda will be the election of our board members. Our board members who were elected in 2015 have their first mandate end this year. As per our Statutes, our Board of Directors is composed of 9 – 13 members in near-parity between scientists and non-scientists. This makes up to 11 open seats. This is a great opportunity for everyone to help shape the organization by being a candidate and by participating in the elections.
We warmly invite candidates to send the following material by 10 November 23:59 UTC to the contact address below.
- A short bio;
- A statement on your vision for Climanosco (e.g. why you find this project important, what’s your vision for the next 10 years; you can be creative!);
This material will be made available to the logged-in members on the General Assembly page and will help them make a vote. Being a member of the Board of Directors will take you about 1 hour per week or less, on average, and you can make an impact. If you would like to know more about what is involved, don’t hesitate to take contact with any current director (see Board of Directors).
Schedule – mark your agenda!
- 10 November (23:59 UTC): Deadline for sending your candidatures for the Board of Directors
- 10 November (23:59 UTC): Deadline for sending items to be added in the Agenda under “Other Propositions”
- 20 November (00:00 UTC) – 10 December (23:59 UTC): Presentation and Discussion of Items of Agenda
- 20 – 26 Nov: Questions / objections by Members
- 27 – 3 Dec: Reply to questions / objections by Board of Directors
- 4 – 6 Dec: Acknowledgment by questioning / objecting Members
- 7 – 10 Dec: Acknowledgment by Board of Directors
- 20 November (00:00 UTC) – 19 December (23:59 UTC): Votes
- 20 December: Closing and release of vote results
The General Assembly will start on 20 November with the presentation and discussion of all items on the Agenda. Make sure you can participate from the beginning! The Board of Directors will reply to all questions and objections, and, where fits, it will follow up with a proposal at the next General Assembly 2019.
Votes will only be accepted from members of the association between 20 November and 19 December. There will be no extension of deadline.
- Election of Chairman for the General Assembly
- Election of Minute Keeper
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Minutes of the General Assembly 2017
- Activity report for year 2017
- Financial report and Auditing report for year 2017
- Elections of new members of the Board of Directors (max. 11 seats)
- Proposal for membership fees for calendar year 2019
- Proposal for donation cap per donor for calendar year 2019
- Proposal to host Climanosco’s address at our trust’s address
- Proposal to remove from our Statutes the details of Climanosco’s address that are not required by law.
- Priorities for 2019
- Other propositions
The “Other Propositions” item of the Agenda is there for your inputs. If there is anything you would like to bring to the General Assembly which is not on the Agenda, please send a brief description by 10 November 23:59 UTC to the contact address below and we will get in touch with you.
Contact email address for all inquiries:
A warm thank you for your participation!
Michel, on behalf of the Board of Directors