Posted on 21/10/2020
We are delighted to announce Climanosco’s Fifth General Assembly which will be held from Sunday 15 November to Monday 14 December 2020 on the Internet at the official General Assembly page: www.climanosco.org/ga2020.
Elections for the Board of Directors
We warmly invite you to help shape the future of the Climanosco organization and send your candidature to become a Member of the Board of Directors. As per our Statutes, the Board of Directors is composed of 9 – 13 members in near-parity between scientists and non-scientists. This year we have up to 4 open seats including three with a preference for non-scientists.
If you are interested in getting involved, please send the following material by 4 November 23:59 UTC to the contact address below.
- A short bio;
- A statement on your vision for Climanosco (e.g. why you find this project important, what’s your vision for the next 10 years; you can be creative!);
This material will be made available to the logged-in members on the General Assembly page and will help them make a vote. Being a member of the Board of Directors will take you about 1 hour per week or less, on average, and you can make an impact. If you would like to know more about what is involved, don’t hesitate to take contact with any current director (see Board of Directors).
Schedule – mark your agenda!
- 4 November (23:59 UTC): Deadline for sending your candidatures for the Board of Directors
- 4 November (23:59 UTC): Deadline for sending items to be added in the Agenda under “Other Propositions”
- 15 November (00:00 UTC) – 4 December (23:59 UTC): Presentation and discussion of items of Agenda
- 15 November – 4 December: Anticipated vote is open
- 15 Nov – 21 Nov: Questions / objections by Members
- 22 Nov – 28 Nov: Reply to questions / objections by Board of Directors
- 29 Nov – 2 Dec: Acknowledgment by questioning / objecting Members
- 3 Dec – 4 Dec: Acknowledgment by Board of Directors
- 5 December (00:00 UTC) – 14 December (23:59 UTC): Regular vote is open
- 15 December: Closing and release of vote results
The General Assembly will start on 15 November (00:00 UTC) with the presentation and discussion of all items on the Agenda. Make sure you can participate from the beginning! The Board of Directors will reply to all questions and objections, and, where fits, it will follow up with a proposal at the next General Assembly 2021.
Votes will only be accepted from members of the association between 15 November (00:00 UTC) and 14 December (23:59 UTC). There will be no extension of deadline.
- Election of Chairman for the General Assembly
- Election of Minute Keeper
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Minutes of the General Assembly 2019
- Activity report for year 2019
- Financial report and Auditing report for year 2019
- Elections of new members of the Board of Directors (max. 4 seats)
- Proposal for membership fees for calendar year 2021
- Proposal for donation cap per donor for calendar year 2021
- Change of Auditor in 2021
- Priorities for 2021
- Other propositions
The “Other Propositions” item of the Agenda is there for your inputs. If there is anything you would like to bring to the General Assembly which is not on the Agenda, please send a brief description by 4 November (23:59 UTC) to the contact address below and we will get in touch with you.
Contact email address for all inquiries:
A warm thank you for your participation!
Michel, on behalf of the Board of Directors